All scientific articles submitted to the editorial office of the quarterly journal “Izvestia GSTU. Medicine, Pharmacy” are subject to mandatory review.
The editor-in-chief of the journal determines the correspondence of the article to the scientific profile of the journal, the design requirements and sends the article for consideration to the editor-in-chief or his deputy, who assesses the scientific level of the article and submits it for review to a doctor or candidate of sciences – a recognized specialist in the relevant field of scientific research. The reviewer and the author of the submitted article should not work in the same organization and should not have joint scientific papers. If necessary, additional reviewers may be involved in the review.
The terms of peer review are set by the executive editor, taking into account the release date of the next issue of the journal and should not exceed one month.
The reviews indicate :
– correspondence of the title of the article to its content;
– scientific novelty of research results and their practical significance;
– availability of actual links to literary sources on the topic of the article;
– clarity of the presentation of the material and the quality of the article;
– expediency of article publication;
– comments and recommendations to the author of the article, the need to revise it;
– recommendation or rejection of the article in the journal.
The editorial staff of the journal sends copies of reviews or a reasoned refusal to the authors of the submitted materials.
The review is confidential. The author of the reviewed article is given the opportunity to read the text of the review.
The article corrected, if necessary and with the consent of the author, is sent for reviewing again. An article not recommended for publication will not be accepted for reconsideration.
The presence of a positive review is not a sufficient reason for the publication of an article. The final decision on the expediency of publication is made by the editorial board of the journal. After the editorial board of the journal makes a decision to publish the article, the executive editor informs the author about it and informs the publication date.